Thursday, January 3, 2013

Smile

Emma, you sure do know how to melt my heart.  Peepaw caught this picture of us, and I plan to print it and put it in the frame he got me for Christmas that has a poem.  The poem made me cry and continues to do so because it's how I feel and what I hope for us.  You make me smile all the time, and emotional. :)
 
 
My Gigi's Smile!

Cradled in your arms,
Your smile shone down on me.
Wrapped in your love,
I knew who you must be.
Your smile bragged to all,
How you loved me so.
Each time you spoke my name,
Your face wore a Gigi's glow.
Your smile is my welcome mat,
We greet in shared delight.
We play like pals for hours,
Parting hugs are teary-eyed and tight.
Your smile is the icing,
That makes my young life sweet.
Snacking cake before dinner,
Secret bedtimes are our treat.
Your smile is my sunshine,
Even on a rainy day.
You find each ray of happiness,
Fading frowns away.
You've given me a treasure,
A way to hold you close.
Your smile and all it brings,
Will be what I remember most.

So very true!  I can't wait until you get a little older so we can snack cake before dinner, and the secret bedtimes will be the joy of my heart. 

I love you sweet Emma!

Love, Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment